Tuesday, January 8, 2013

One Day at a Time!

Greetings everyone!
Hope you had a delightful New Year! I feel that New Year's truly is a time of new beginnings. A time to reflect and evaluate the year past and look forward to what will come.  This year's coming, came with much excitement and anticipation. It was almost as if a part of me was expecting that at the stroke of midnight something major would occur and that at the sound of the 1st  fireworks would mark a burst, a shake or an outpouring from the Lord to prepare me for what's to come.  I believe that it did happen, though my New Year's events were quite nice, they were now particularly eventful. It was a peaceful time, praise the Lord.

The New Year also marks the start of 21 day fast for many congregations and believers, our church started this past Sunday, January the 6th on 3 Kings Day or Epiphany. It is a day when we celebrate! It marks the day when the wise men, who followed the star knowing it meant the birth of a king, the King of kings, Jesus! We too follow the light, and on this 21 day journey, we seek to draw closer to the light!  I will let you know that fasting for 21 days, regardless of the type of fast, is a challenge, especially as king-stomach grumbles and taste buds cry out for (insert favorite food here). As this happens I remind myself that I do this because the only King over my life is Christ.

A few years ago I went on an extended liquids fast, and after I started I thought I was not going to be able to do it. How can I go on, on just broths, diluted juices... I like cakes and steak!  What the Lord taught me during that time, among other things, was to take one day at a time.
 One day at a time sweet Jesus!
I arose singing one morning and it stuck with me, and I was able to persevere.  While I am not doing such a strict fast, it it still a challenge. and at times I look at the calendar and see the 3 weeks, or 21 days, the 504 hours that I am faced with. I then remind myself, I am asleep for about 1/3 of that, which brings me to 312 hours. And today I was reminded that I am on day 3, I have today to think about, the day, the moment that I am promised with, the now! So I live and fast one day at a time, not focusing on what I am or am not eating. I focus on the fact that I have been given this day, this moment, the now to draw near unto him, who came and drew near to me.
 
May you hae a blessed and favored day!
Minda

No comments:

Post a Comment